RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS & CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Doctorate in Education (Ed.D): Exploring higher education professionals’ use of Twitter for learning. Awarded 28th October 2016.
- Doctorate in Education (Ed.D) minor project (2014): Exploring how ePortfolios afford creative practices within student learning.
- Gormley, C., O’Keeffe, M., Bruce Ferguson; P. ( 2016 forthcoming) Exploring the impact of small-scale accredited professional development. ‘The impact of accredited professional development on assessment of, for and as, learning’. AISHE. Maynooth.
- Stone, S, Doyle, P, Donlon, Gormley,C; Walsh, E; O’Keeffe,N; Bruce Ferguson; P & O’Keeffe, M. (2016) Communities of Practice – Facilitating Social Learning in Higher Education. Implementing Communities of Practice in Higher Education: Dreamers and Schemers. Springer.
- O’Keeffe, Donnelly (2015) Embedding reflective and creativity to link a modular curriculum in Masters Level Teaching, Learning and Assessment, Issues in Design and Delivery. Edited by Kneale, P. Palgrave, London.
- O’Keeffe,M., (2016) Exploring higher education professionals’ use of Twitter for learning. Irish Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning. 2(1).
- O’Keeffe,M., Donnelly, R. (2013). Exploration of ePortfolios for Adding Value and Deepening Student Learning in Contemporary Higher Education. International Journal of ePortfolios. 3(1).
- O’Keeffe, Crehan (2010) Using Blogs to foster reflective practice for professional development of teaching staff in higher education. Proceedings of LIN/NAIRTL conference Dublin, Ireland.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2016). Exploring higher education professionals’ use of Twitter for learning: issues of participation. Critical Perspectives on ‘Openness’ in Higher Education. SRHE. London. November 2016.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2016) Twitter for professional learning: myths and realities. Next Generation Digital Learning Research Symposium. DCU November 2016.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2016) Twitter: Ego boosting echo chamber or learning tool? Doctoral Symposium. Institute of Education, UCL. London. March 2016.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2015) Twitter: Making better use of the conference backchannel for professional learning. EdTech Ireland Conference. June 2015.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2015) Value Added Learning Using Video. MoodleMoot. DCU May 2015.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2014) Exploring social media as tool for professional learning in higher education. SRHE Conference UK. December 2014.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2014) Exploring the continued professional development of higher education professionals as they participate in online social spaces. 10th annual BESA conference, 26th-27th June 2014. The University of Glasgow. UK.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2014) Innovating creative practices with students developing ePortfolios on a professional development Masters programme. EdTech Ireland Conference June 2014.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2013) Supporting ePortfolios for deepening student learning in contemporary Irish higher education. Proceedings of the Society for Research in Higher Education. Wales. Decemeber 2013
- O’Keeffe, M. (2013) How can I support students to develop reflective and creative ePortfolios on a professional development Masters programme? Action Research Colloquium, IT Tralee June 2013.
- O’Keeffe, M., Luby, A. (2012) Crossing the threshold with clickers in first year accountancy. Proceedings NAIRTL Conference, Dublin 2012.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2012) ePortfolios for learning. Proceedings of EDtech Conference, NUI Maynooth.
- O’Keeffe, M., Boylan, F., O’Rawe, M. (2011) Introducing the shift in lecturer roles as key skills and competencies are fostered in higher education students today. SRHE Research Conference, Wales.
- O’Keeffe, M., O’Rourke, K., Donnelly, R., (2011) Do ePortfolios foster creativity? An evaluative study in a professional development context. Proceedings of DIVERSE Conference, Dublin.
- O’Keeffe M., Ryan B.J. (2011). Encouraging student engagement and interaction with personal response systems. 18th International Conference of the Association for Learning Technology, Leeds, United Kingdom.
- O’Keeffe, M., Fitzgerald, R. (2009) Changing how we communicate: Wikis, Web 2.0 and Weblogs. DIT Showcase of Learning and Teaching Innovations 2009, Hilton Hotel, Chalemont Street, Dublin 2, 14 January 2009.
- O’Keeffe, M. (2009) An evolutionary pathway to establish sustainable NDLR SMARTCops, ASCILITE conference, New Zealand.
- O’Keeffe, M., Brabazon, D. (2008) Digital learning resources to assist presentation skills of engineering students. Engineering Education 2008, Loughborough, UK.
- O’Keeffe, M., Adams, A. (2008) Developing reusable learning objects for under-graduate nursing students in two Irish universities, EdTech Conference.
- O’Keeffe, M., Flanagan, A., Sanchez, I. (2006) An Investigation into the Use of Weblogs for Reflection in Learning. Proceedings IADIS Dublin.